September 01, 2004
 
« Not a blog post »

Last night the second page of the BG News I was working on was done at 7 p.m. Unfortunately, I wasn't out of there till midnight.

I guess technically I wasn't done because the last thing I had to do was print out the damn page.

Yes, it took me five hours just to figure out why it wouldn't print out. Everyone was stumped, everyone had suggestions, none of them worked.

Thankfully shop night editor Ben Swanger tried something very tedious: taking each object from the old page and pasting it onto a new one. One at a time. Should I mention that he printed it out after every object placement, even if it was just a vertical or horizontal line?

Anyways, I have those printed papers as a reminder of that night. It's kind of a historical flipbook to commemorate the occasion.

Was it the second page of Opinion? Not really.

The reason it was so important to me was it was the first page of my very own section. I revived the humor page that was taken away in 2000. At the time it was called "Page 3," but now it's just called "Not News." It's cool to see your name in print, but to see your section in print is something else. I wrote an introductory sermon about Not News, and that way all the answers you seek will be thine.



Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com