July 18, 2004
 
« Take on a new show: 'The 4400' »

I checked out USA's new show 'The 4400.' That's what they call all these people abducted by aliens in the past 50 years and return into the year 2004 without aging. And guess what -- there were 4400 of them.  How clever.
 
I missed the pilot (both parts) and jumped right into the second episode.  At first I thought it was called 'The 4400,' explaining how many subplots the series had.  However, it does show a lot of potential to be the next 'X-Files,' another show I never watched.
 
However, there is nothing on my TV schedule for "Sundays at 9" to watch.  After all, this week on network television was 'The Simple Life 2' and 'Quintuplets' (FOX), 'Extreme Makeover' (ABC), and one of those 'Law and Order' spinoffs. Also, the movie 'Rat Race' was on TBS. I'll try to keep watching this -- it's something I could get into. Not only that, but USA's original programming could easily be considered better than -- say -- NBC's shows. I haven't watched 'The Dead Zone,' but I've heard very good things about it from other people. And of course, who doesn't love 'Monk?'
 
And this show reaffirms a belief I've had: old shows used FBI and CIA agents. Cool shows (like this one) use Homeland Security agents.
 
'The 4400' is on USA on Sundays at 9 p.m., 8 p.m. Central, and that's 3 p.m. Hawaiian time. Give it the entire hour, you might understand what's going on. 'The 4400' website lists 5 of the abductees, and in the episode I watched, one of them died trying to be a superhero. 4399 to go.
 




Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com