July 30, 2004
 
« Kerry's On My Wayward Son »

(Yep. Kansas is on the mind. It's also a gay joke.)

John Kerry is going to make an appearance in downtown Bowling Green. Word is they will rope off Main St., which will be fine, because it's not like there's any construction on Wooster Street or anything to make it even more congested in BG. He's bringing Ben Affleck with him. Want to play a trick on ol' Ben? On the Cla-Zel movie theater sign out front, put "NOW SHOWING: REINDEER GAMES."

The BG News asked me to go with some other writers to see Kerry speak, so that I can write an editorial on it. It's an opportunity unparalleled of any I have experienced. I have yet to see a presidential candidate in person, and this is my chance to see what it's like. I'll try to keep an open mind about the guy up to that point, but odds are it won't change my mind one way or the other. His campaign is smart to travel to Ohio right after the DNC, and especially in Northwest Ohio.

He's ugly, but since he's a good speaker and is taller, he'll probably win the election. People like that sort of thing.



Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com