June 16, 2004
 
« Just what you wanted -- more predictions »

Whoa, I was a little off on that Pistons-Lakers series. Then again nobody had 'em in 5, until maybe after Game 3.

We need some more "HALF RIGHT PREDICTIONS"

U. S. Open:
Tiger Woods wins by 2 strokes.
Shigeki Maruyama finished 2nd. Yes, I picked a random foreign guy to finish 2nd.
Rick Springfield Concert, this Saturday:
"Jesse's Girl" is the only song I will recognize, and it will begin playing at 9:15 p.m.

This article somehow weeds down the field to Scott Verplank. You figure it out.


RANKING THE MOVIES I'VE SEEN IN 2004

1. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind I'll be hard pressed to think this will change.

2. Mean Girls Maybe it's because I was so shocked that a Lindsay Lohan movie has been the funniest movie this year, but most of the credit goes to writer Tina Fey.

3. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Very fun, but again, it's not like the book. More on this here, courtesy of the BG News Opinion Editor.

4. Starsky & Hutch It goes without saying that Snoop Dogg's appearance as Huggy Bear didn't make me want to see "Soul Plane."

5. Along Came Polly This must be Ben Stiller's year, and he still has "Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story" and "Meet the Fockers" left to show us.

Didn't Make the Cut:

The Stepford Wives
When I realized I had seen six movies in 2004, this was hands down the worst one of them. I loved Christopher Walken in it (who wouldn't?), but there wasn't much else to it.

Want-To-See List (in order):

1. Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story
2. Shrek 2
3. Saved!
4. The Terminal
5. The Day After Tomorrow



Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com