June 22, 2004
 
« Catching up, putting out, turning in »

A weekend of watching people touch cars and listening to a washed-up rocker from the 80's didn't leave me that much time for some quality bloggage.


WHAT WE MISSED: I was way off on the U. S. Open.

I said Tiger Woods would beat Shigeki Maruyama by two strokes.
Instead, Retief Goosen beat Ernie Els by two strokes. Maruyama was fifth, however. Impressive.


The Tampa Bay Devil Rays are in the midst of an 11-game winning streak after sweeping the Giants, Padres and Diamondbacks — all NL West teams.


I disqualified a contestant in the Hands-On Marathon after I recognized him as my former boss and he extended his other hand for me to shake, and I shook it without thinking. He had to be removed from the contest for touching a judge. Partially my fault, but he did start it.



NOW THAT I'M CAUGHT UP... Transvestites have their own bathrooms in Thailand. Perhaps this makes sense if they're hermaphrodites. Sure, maybe the men don't want 'em in their own restrooms, but... wait a minute, why am I trying to argue Southeast Asian logic?


THERE ONCE WAS A SHOW IN NANTUCKET Nick at Nite used to show episodes of "Wings" at 3 and 3:30 AM. Now their lineup consists of "Who's the Boss?" at 3 AM and "Wings" at 3:30 AM. Combined with an hour of "Roseanne" at 2 AM, this is just another attempt for Nick at Nite to create a long block of unfunny television.


"Wings" was one of the most underrated sitcoms in the 90's, and I will agree that the show got stale after Lowell left the show. Still, where's the love for "Wings?" It used to be on USA all the time. I miss those days.




SO YOU THINK I HAVE LONG HAIR? Look at this guy, then say that again.


MY JACK-O-LANTERN LOOKS LIKE SCOTT BAIO The Star Estimator takes a picture of you and pairs it up with similar-looking celebrities. It's not very good, though, but it's a fun surf. After a few photos, it sure thinks I'm Timothy Dalton, but I think the matcher just looks at certain qualities (one smile in a picture looked like Paul Simom's smile in another picture).


And no, this isn't that website that says there's a way to turn your monitor into a camera, and where you click on the link that says "See a picture of yourself" it turns out to be a gorilla. I kinda wish it was, though.


Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com