May 31, 2004
 
« Rebecca Sealfon, Rebecca Sealfon, Rebecca Sealfon! »

If you're reading this, you may have been looking up information for that 1997 National Spelling Bee Champion, Rebecca Sealfon.

Let me guess... they had that episode of "Cheap Seats" on, right?

Yeah, I missed that marathon on ESPN Classic.

They also showed the entire spelling bee on that channel Sunday night.

Well, I know I show up on that first page of Google hits when you look for "Rebecca Sealfon," but this is by no means a fan site.

But I'm a fan of anyone who can outspell everyone just by whispering sweet nothings into your way-too-red fingers before uttering each letter.

So I posted again about her because while I'm on that first page, I'm the ninth entry. Maybe after this post, I'll be up a little higher.

But I did the same thing everyone else did -- Google her name, and came up with a few fan sites, but it didn't tell me anything more that "Cheap Seats" already didn't tell me -- she goes to Princeton and is going to graduate in the Class of '05 -- same as me (gulp).

But don't click away so fast because you learned nothing else -- I'd like to believe I put together a pretty impressive blog. If nothing else, it's better than your friend's blog, who got one because everyone else did, and made about three posts about her cat, and the last time they updated it was last November and you bug them to post again and they do so but only because you said so -- and they make it known.

Then their blog dies.

But mine's kinda cool. Sometimes I put up random pictures of random people -- for instance, "Meatwad from Aqua Teen Hunger Force."

And they keep coming back, because once in a while I say something that's actually funny.

But I guess I'm just an egomaniac like that.

Egomaniac (n): 1) an abnormally egotistical person
2) a person who enjoys frozen waffles


Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com