April 06, 2004
 
« The readers have spoken: Part 1 »

My two month sabbatical put a damper on any e-mail feedback whatsoever.

However, on the fourth try, I've got someone to reciprocate:

honestly you need to hang up the pen and paper buddy. ive read a couple of your articles this
year, the only reason being the first one i ever read really upset me and now i see another one so i
figured i would check it out hoping you might have some skill when it came to writing. i was wrong
though. your punch buggies and power bills article was a scatter brained writing that im sure a
highschool paper wouldnt even have published. so take some advice. quit writing publicily, it will
make it easier on you in the long run.
luke


Luke is a man who enjoys a good piece of writing, but he has a clear anti-capitalization stance. (Colloquially speaking, does that mean he's a communist?)

I wrote back the following (seriously):

Luke,

Thanks for the fanmail. I can assure you that the decline in mental asylums is the sole reason I still have a job at the paper.

Matt Sussman




Analysis:I don't think I've ever been marked as "scatter-brained." I do think my brains have been compared to shit before, but never anything scattered.

Conclusion: I'm soooooo back.


Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com