April 14, 2004
 
« Political lightning round! »

Quick, who will I vote for?

Right now, President Bush, because a) He's already the president, and b) His speech bumped American Idol back a day.

For USG, I have my choice of Wright/Kaminski, Nolish/Burke, and that other tandem that nobody's heard of. Basically we're voting for whichever two people are the most popular, because campus issues are not partisan. Yes, everyone wants to improve parking, eliminate Flexfunds, and create an off-campus debit system. Those are the issues, everyone's for them. It's a stupid USG election. Therefore, I nominate Bobak/Rominski for girl power in USG!

By the way, if you don't like President Bush, that doesn't mean you can miss his primetime speeches and think you're well-informed. Don't wait for mass media to deliver it to your front door. Know your enemy and keep tabs on him. I have serious doubts about the Prez, but that doesn't mean I'll use Letterman's monologue as my main source of election coverage -- no, that's just a hilarious complement.

I also vote Homestar Runner for something, because he has an ironclad "eggs are not a fruit" platform. (Look for the blurb next to the Bubsifieds in the magazine, and at the end of the cartoon, click on "history books.")

Also, I vote against Gallagher being Comedy Central's 100th Greatest Stand-up Comic of all time. He is clearly in the top 20. David Cross should also move up from 85th to the top 50. Carlin better be #1.

Stay in school.


Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com