March 28, 2004
 
« Varsity roundball? But I'm 21! »

Why would a guy like me care about St. John's basketball? Our football team was 5-6 our senior year. Basketball was always great, but kept losing in the regional finals and semis each year.

Hello, BGSU. In three years, the football team has always had at least eight wins, and has won a bowl game. Falcon basketball hasn't been spectacular, but there has been an NIT appearance, and the women's hoops almost made the NCAA tournament.

I guess this was a down year in basketball, so I look thirty minutes north to Toledo. What do I find?

SJJ basketball has made the state Final Four for the past two years. Last year they lost to "Da Haven," also known as the Columbus Brookhaven Bearcats.

This year they made the Final Four again, and this time they beat the "C-Bus B-Haven B-Katz" (word).

I don't really have a whole lot of information on the 03-04 Titan basketball team, except I do remember Brian Roberts' freshman year during the glory days of Todd Thomas, Jake Beck, Sam Anderson, Avin "Technical" Curry, and maybe Nick Tosi.

It should be noted that #44 Jake Beck was displeased with my comment about how the Class of '01 didn't play as well as the Class of '04's team. He was also displeased that I didn't know he won his college conference championship. I am aware that his team is Capital University, but who has time to follow D-III basketball when I have a dream of becoming an Olympic curling skip?

Capital work out there, Titans. Make it to the capital next year, and add one more playoff win. We don't want to make E. H. mad.


Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com