January 26, 2004
 
« Yet they call him a Patriot »

Tom Brady and I have something in common.

While Brady played quarterback for the U. Of Michigan, then eventually earned the starting job for the New England Patriots after Drew Bledsoe was injured in 2001, where Brady led the Pats to the most improbable Super Bowl victory ever, beating the Rams 20-17. He's back in the Super Bowl this year, and everyone is crying bloody murder when Tom Brady wasn't declared MVP. Bill Walsh says he's the closest thing to Joe Montana since Joe Montana, and he was invited as a special guest to President W. Bush's State of the Union Address.

I'm not even done with college, and people hate it when I make fun of stuff they like. I'm on acne medication, and I sit around playing video games and watching TV.

But neither of us ever voted.

So what? I'm only 20 -- 21 on Thursday -- and I've really just missed two elections. I don't live in a district where I can vote for the mayor, and I haven't missed any Presidential elections.

Tom Brady is 26, so he missed the 1996 and the 2000 elections. Since he lives in California, he could've gotten in on the recall election last year. Not only that, but I think I once saw him throw an interception. For shame.

I wonder if Jake Delhomme is a draft dodger? Did Ty Law ever break The Law? I'm not even gonna bother with the former He Hate Me.

To sum it up, it's funny because he plays for a team called the Patriots, and he's registered in Calif. and Mich. Now you know why people subconsciously didn't vote him for MVP.


JUST ANOTHER PLACE TO FIND IT The Howard Dean Rant is on the Bob and Tom website.


BRING BACK LAST AUGUST'S NEWS I discovered on Grand Funk Railroad's website that they have pictures from their Adrian Michigan concert. They're nothing special - they're just pictures. But I do remember that the concert was the night of that infamous blackout, so that takes me back. (No pictures of the Secret Weapons. Nichole must be crushed.)


Finally, I heard something's going on in New Hampshire. Eh, it's probably nothing.


Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com